Monday, September 28, 2009

25 th post & Paal Payasam


My 25 th post. I am very happy that i have reached this landmark.when i got married i dint know any thing about cooking.I learnt most of my cooking through blogs and websites only.Watching the blogs i wanted to start a blog for a long time.But it got materialised only in Dec 2008.Then also i was lazy to start blogging recipes and only in Juy of 2009 i started blogging regularly. I wanted to celebrate it and hence this sweet recipe.
Though there are many ways we can prepare paal payasam, my mom prepares this way and its her recipe.
She boils the sabudana in the milk itself.I tried it but my paal payasam dint look perfect. I thought maybe because of the sago and hence i boiled the sago seperatly in water and later added to the milk.

Ingredients:
Milk - 2 cups
Sago(sabudana) - 1/2 cup
Vermicilli - 1 cup
Ghee - 2 tsp
Cashews - 5 or 6
Raisin - 6 or 7
Sugar - 1/2 cup or according to taste

1.Wash the sabudana in cold water and rinse well. Then cook it in boiling water.
2.Add 1 tsp of ghee to a kadai and saute the vermicilli.They should become light brown.they shouldnt get burnt.So keep in reduced flame.
3.Boil the milk and add the vermicilli.
4.When the sabudanas are 3/4 cooked (some will become transparent), remove only  the sabudanas with slotted laddle and add to the milk.
5.Allow the vermicilli and sabudana to cook in milk.Add th sugar and mix well.When they have fully cooked remove from heat.
6.Fry cashews and raisins in ghee without burning them and add to the Payasam.
  
Instead of milk u can use coconut milk too.

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog.Please leave ur valuable comments which inspires and means a lot to me.